|Agency||:||AADAP, Inc. – Outpatient Unit|
|Salary||:||Commensurate Upon Experience|
|Closing Date||:||Until filled|
|Opening Positions||:||One (1) Part-Time Temporary|
|Submit Resumes to||:||Jon Fukuda|
|2900 S Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016|
|(323) 293-6284, (323) 295-4075 (fax)|
A. SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Under the direct supervision of the Outpatient Coordinator, the receptionist shall be responsible for the orderly operation of the reception area including but not limited to the handling of telephone, receiving guests and clients to the office, processing incoming/outgoing mails, distributing mails, and performing other related functions.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (100%):
- MANAGE RECEPTION AREA (50%)
- Maintain staff, clients and guests Sign In/Out Logs.
- Maintain a log for clients/guests calls.
- Answer and route all incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Receive guests and clients to the agency in a timely, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Monitor the television security screen for all people entering the office.
- PROCESSING OF INCOMING AND OUTGOING MAILS (10%)
- Open, sort, stamp date of mails received and distribute all incoming mails to appropriate staff
- Prepare internal routing slip of materials and circulate to all staff as directed.
- Route in-house publications and informational materials as directed.
- Log all outgoing mail for mailman pick up.
- MANAGE OFFICE MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT (25%)
- Answering Machine
- Ensure that all messages are retrieved from the answering machine every morning from the previous day.
- Ensure that the answering machine is turned on at the end of every workday.
- Ensure daily maintenance of the answering machine.
- Fax Photocopying, Typewriter Machines
- Ensure adequate supplies of paper and toner for fax and photocopier.
- Handle basic maintenance responsibilities for all above equipment.
- Contact service technicians/representatives on equipment maintenance.
- Answering Machine
- OTHER CLERICAL TASKS (15%)
- Type correspondence, reports, memos, and proposals as directed.
- File and maintain records including but not limited to, equipment maintenance agreements, staff Sign In/Out Log, and other office forms.
- Photocopy informational materials and distribute to staff as directed.
- Maintain facility maintenance log.
C. QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- Two years college education related to field or equivalent work experience related to position.
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen, proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid California Drivers License and current automobile liability insurance.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of application.
- Must be able to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bilingual, bicultural capabilities with Asian/Pacific languages and cultural groups.
- Must possess the ability to use Macintosh and IBM computers.